Practice area – Assisting organizations
Collaborative Processes has assisted corporate, not for profit, government organizations and multisector groups in various way including:
- Developing strategic frameworks
- Designing programs and action plans
- Planning and implementing monitoring and evaluation processes
- Assisting new organizations consider the structure for their efforts
- Independent assessments or investigations of organizations or multistakeholder groups
- Addressing inter or intra organizational conflict
- Mediating internal conflict
- Forming informal networks
- Assessing the health/function of networks or associations
- Training and capacity development
Organizations are living systems in which conflict can arise due to scarce resources, structure, roles, communications and personality. We assist organizations to improve decision making to achieve better working relationships and progress toward its vision. We have expertise in both building better relationships and clarifying/making necessary decisions. We help you see the right or best path toward your organizational goals.
- Assisting a national association to better address internal conflict over differing moral and religious values.
- Assist a board of directors develop a strategic action plan for its work in the next 5 years.
- Work to reduce conflict among faculty members at a University.
- Mediation of disputes between federal and state agencies.
- Developing and implementing a plan to reduce conflict among local, state and federal governments.
- Conduct a post program assessment of conflicts and failures in a consortium of NGOs.
- Facilitate a retreat to assist a water user organization plan for the next 5 years and anticipate likely challenges/conflict.
- Assist an NGO in developing a monitoring and assessment program.
Concept source: Conflict and Conflict Management in Organizations, J. Bercovitch